Information you share through the Flic Apps
Some functionality in the Flic Apps consists of you actively sharing data with others. For example, you can choose to share your GPS position with a friend by sending a text message, you can post on twitter, or send an email. Please note that any such data shared with others will not be handled, processed or stored by Shortcut Labs.
When you buy a Flic product from Vendors including Indiegogo
Your information and how we use it
Depending on how you use our products and services, we will control different information and for different purposes.
Your Flic Account
A Flic Account is required to be able to use the Flic Apps and for us to provide service of the Flic Apps. It can be created on our Websites or in our Apps.
When you create a Flic Account, we store the information that you provide. This includes:
- Your name
- Email address
The data will be processed by us, Mixpanel and Intercom.
We will remove your Flic Account Data if you have not used your Flic Account in one year. You can at any time request to have your Flic Account deleted, in which case we will delete the data as soon as possible. You will not be able to use the Flic Apps after such event.
Using the Flic Apps
We process and control data about your personal use of the Flic Products (“Flic App Usage Data”) if such products are used in conjunction with any of the Flic Apps (including use of the Flic Hub when configured using the Flic App). This data includes your:
- Geographical Location, namely which city, region and country you are in, but not your exact location.
- Details of the device on which the Flic App is installed:
- Which kind (Brand, make and model) of smartphone/computer/tablet that was used
- Which operating system version that was running the device
- Which language the operating system was set to
- Which phone/data service carrier was used
- Flic Actions Type, namely which setting you use for your Flic products.
- Flic Action Settings.
The data we collect also includes information about the timing of your service use and may be linked to your Flic Account Data.
Flic App Usage Data is controlled by Shortcut Labs and generated in the Flic Apps automatically. The data is processed by us and by Mixpanel.
We use and store the Flic App Usage Data for the following purposes:
- Improvement of service. We use general statistics and patterns of data to constantly make the service and our products better. With the data we gather we can for example see when things are not working for some users and what their common denominator is – often a specific Flic Action, device model, or operating system version.
- Ease of Use. We store your settings bound to your Flic Account so that you can use your Flic Account on more than one device with the same settings.
- Notices and information. In case something goes wrong or does not work we need to be able to inform you about it.
- Legal requirements. We have legal obligations that require us to be informed about which functions in the Flic App that is used in certain countries.
As long as you use our services we will keep this data. If you haven’t been active in the Flic App or with your Flic Account in over a year, we will remove your Flic Account.
If your Flic Account is removed, we will remove all Flic App Usage Data linked to your Flic Account that we can without compromising our legal requirements, at the same time as we delete your account.
When you buy a product from us
When you buy something from us, we may process any data that you provide, including name, company, shipping address, preferences and payment information (“Transaction Data”). Depending on where you buy products or what you buy, your data may also be processed by a third party in which case you will be notified about the terms of such processing. The transaction data will be processed for the purpose of supplying the purchased products and services and keeping proper records of those transactions.
When you contact us
When you contact us we will process the information that you provide. Some metadata about your communication may also be processed, such as IP-address and web browser. This data will only be used for continuing the communication and we only handle it to manage and support the Flic Apps now and in the future.
Unless needed due to legal obligations we will not keep this data any longer than what is needed to provide the services.
When you sign up for any of our newsletters or fill in a survey.
We will always ask for your explicit consent before we put you on any newsletter list.
If you opt to be included in any of our email newsletter lists, or if you fill in any data in a survey from us, we will store the information about you that you provide. Some information about you may be added by third party systems that we use that you did not explicitly provide. This may include your IP-address, your language preference, your time zone, your country and similar data.
You can easily opt out with a clear unsubscribe link in any email newsletter you receive from us at any time, at which point you will no longer receive communication. We will remove your data within as soon as possible.
The data you provide when you fill in enquiries may be processed for the purposes of offering, marketing and selling relevant goods and/or services to you from us.
When you visit our Websites
- Basic functions These cookies are essential for running our Websites and are the key to providing you a seamless experience. You can navigate uninterrupted e.g. by remembering language and country choices you’ve made and by preserving authentication to secure parts. These cookies also remember products of interest when you are redirected to another site for a possible purchase.
- Improvement These cookies enable us to improve our Websites by looking at how they are used. We do analytical profiling to understand e.g. unique users reading a particular article (to know what is popular) or if a video file was viewed or abandoned half way through. We also look at where content is accessed so we know how to arrange our sites for optimal user experience. We count clicks on “Like” and “Tweet” plugins and what content from our sites was shared or referenced.
- Personalization These cookies help make the content as personalized as possible, for example by showing you targeted banners and relevant recommendations. We examine what type of reference was used to reach our sites, e.g. an email campaign or a link from a referral site, so we can estimate the effectiveness of our promotions and advertising campaigns.
- Advertising We use these cookies to dynamically serve our ads on selected third-party websites. Our domains may also include elements that set cookies on behalf of a third party, e.g. a “Like”-button from Facebook or a “Tweet”-button from Twitter.
How long we keep your information is different for different types of cookies. Session cookies expire when you close the browser. Persistent cookies have typical expiration dates ranging from two months up to three years.
How we share your information with third parties
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
- Your consent and social sharing services We may share your personal data if we have your consent to do so. Some services may allow you to share your personal data with other users of the service or with other services and their users. Please consider carefully before disclosing any personal data or other information that might be accessible to other users.
- Shortcut Labs companies and authorized third parties We may share your personal data with other Shortcut Labs companies or authorized third parties who process personal data for us for the purposes described in this Policy. This may include for example billing, delivery of your purchases, providing services including customer service, managing and analyzing consumer data, conducting research and managing marketing and other such campaigns.
- International transfers of personal data Our products and services may be provided using resources and servers located in various countries around the world. Therefore your personal data may be transferred across international borders outside the country where you use our services, including to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or that have different legal rules on data protection, for example, the United States of America. In such cases we ensure that there is a legal basis for such a transfer and that adequate protection for your personal data is provided as required by applicable law, for example, by using standard agreements approved by relevant authorities (where necessary) and by requiring the use of other appropriate technical and organizational information security measures.
- Mandatory disclosures We may be obligated by mandatory law to disclose your personal data to certain authorities or other third parties, for example, to law enforcement agencies in the countries where we or third parties acting on our behalf operate. We may also disclose and otherwise process your personal data in accordance with applicable law to defend our legitimate interests, for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings.
- Mergers and Acquisitions If we decide to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize our businesses in certain countries, this may involve us disclosing personal data to prospective or actual purchasers and their advisers, or receiving personal data from sellers and their advisers.
You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you. You have a right to have incomplete, incorrect, unnecessary or outdated personal data deleted or updated. You have a right to unsubscribe from direct marketing messages and to request that we stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes or on other compelling legal grounds. However, if you opt-out from marketing and other communications from Shortcut Labs, critical alerts may still be sent to you.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us or by managing your account and choices through available profile management tools on your device and our services. In some cases, especially if you wish us to delete or stop processing your personal data, this may also mean that we may not be able to continue to provide the services to you.
Privacy and security are key considerations in the creation and delivery of our products and services. We have assigned specific responsibilities to address privacy and security related matters. We enforce our internal policies and guidelines through an appropriate selection of activities, including proactive and reactive risk management, security and privacy engineering, training and assessments. We take appropriate steps to address online security, physical security, risk of data loss and other such risks taking into consideration the risk represented by the processing and the nature of the data being protected. Also, we limit access to our data bases containing personal data to authorized persons having a justified need to access such information.
Our products and services are typically intended for general audiences. We do not knowingly collect information of children without the consent of their parents or guardians.
If you are under 16 years of age, send us your parent’s consent to use our Products or Services using the contacts below, or do not use our Products and Services.
We may from time to time change this Policy or change, modify or withdraw access to this site at any time with or without notice. However, if this Policy is changed in a material, adverse way, we will post a notice advising of such change at the beginning of this Policy and on this site’s home page for 30 days. We recommend that you re-visit this Policy from time to time to learn of any such changes to this Policy.
Who is the Controller of your Personal Data?
Shortcut Labs AB at Drottning Kristinas Väg 41, 11428, Stockholm, Sweden is the controller of your Personal Data. For any enquires or requests, please contact us at email@example.com.