Android Lead Developer
Product development - Stockholm
Pushing a button is the most intuitive, quick and simple way to send a command. Originally launched as a crowdfunding campaign in 2014, Flic is today the world-leading Smart Button for both end consumers and large corporations. With almost half a million units sold globally, we are now a young and dynamic team of 10 with the ambition to grow even further in the upcoming years. The next step in our expansion strategy is bringing onboard an Android Lead Developer.
As our Android Lead Developer, you will head up the very core of our software stack and play a key role in bringing our customers the greatest platform to develop smart button use-cases upon. You will develop software to grow our current +50 000 Android user base and expand the potential of Flic Hub with both consumer- and enterprise facing solutions.
You’ll work closely together with the development founding team of Flic, a friendly and dynamic group of highly skilled software engineers that possess world-leading expertise in low-level firmware, radio-signal processing, and protocol design.
You will be responsible for Flic Core, which is the base layer of our business logic shared between the Flic Hub and the Android App.
Flic Core includes:
- FlicLib – An abstraction layer for pairing and managing Bluetooth LE devices
- Communication protocol for managing buttons, actions and settings
- Collecting and uploading statistical usage
- Integrations to 3rd party cloud services and hardware
- Direct integration to Flic Backend
- Authentication and security
- Being a self-driven, well-structured software engineer capable of managing simultaneous tasks
- Evaluate and generate new ideas for expanding the capabilities of our platform
- Be a key person in early phases of product development discussions to evaluate and enhance both your own and other’s ideas
- Designing well structured, performant and scalable software solutions
- Develop and maintain our Java code base (Android application, Flic Core)
- Design and implement plug-and-play enterprise integrations
- Design and implement consumer facing applications and cloud-based solutions
- 2+ years of Java development
- 1+ years of Android front-end development
- Experience in implementing user friendly GUIs
- Experience in software architecture and design patterns
- Flic culture including adaptive, collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Flexible work options
- Opportunity to affect the processes directly
- Join us to Las Vegas every year for the biggest electronic consumer show in the world (CES)
- Endless coffee, big cookie stock and a lot of video games during breaks
- Opportunity to work in the Flic Mansion - a cozy 19th-century villa
Perks & Benefits
This is a brief summary of the perks & benefits you'll enjoy at Flic. If you want to know more - get in touch!
A culture of learning
We are committed to making you grow and look inside and outside for inspiration.
Generous compensation & employee stock options
Great work is rewarded with great compensation, in terms of salaries, occupational pension & health plans. We want your skin in the game and that you take part of our future success.
Off-sites, Happy Hours & CES
We value our time together. Join us for team lunches, Friday beer o'clock’s, quarterly off-sites and the best part: The annual trip to CES in Las Vegas where you get to experience ground shaking innovations firsthand.
Space & time for recreation
Join the daily video game tournament or retreat to our meditation corner. Feel free to run in the forest, do laps of cross country skiing or join the gym within 5 minutes of our office; cover your daily vitamin need from the fruit basket.
We believe in bizarre ideas, enjoyable projects and new ways of doing things. Being a product-driven organisation, we've applied a unique approach to creative & innovative work: Giving every employee ownership and resources to bring their thinking, strategies and ideas to advance the company’s mission.
By allowing every employee a chance to give their opinion and a possibility to pitch their ideas, we promote an open space with equal chances. Join us and experience our unique vibe in a cozy 19th-century villa hidden within the vivid KTH Campus, Stockholm.
We are always looking for people who share our belief that success and enjoyable work built from these core principles:
Original and creative thinkers, that embrace failures and learn from mistakes.
Bright, open minds that are initiative rich and ownership keen. People with the self-honesty to admit mistakes and the courage to change.
A team that debate, decide & commit, but where egos are removed once a decision is made. That display trust and humbleness towards others and their work.
Everyone's voice is heard and all information that serves the company’s best interests is communicated openly.