Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
Marketing, Sales – Stockholm
Pushing a button is the most intuitive, quick and simple way to send a command. Originally launched as a crowdfunding campaign in 2014, Flic is today the world-leading Smart Button for both end consumers and large corporations. With almost half a million units sold globally, we are now a young and dynamic team of 10 with the ambition to grow even further in the upcoming years. The next step in our expansion strategy is bringing onboard a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO).
We seek an experienced marketer with an entrepreneurial spirit who is able to lead and drive marketing and branding efforts to take Flic to the next level. Flic is first and foremost a consumer facing brand, and it will be the responsibility of the CMO to develop the brand and make sure that it is well received, on point, relevant and known. It is also the CMO’s responsibility to generate increased revenue through creative marketing advertising, Public Relations, digital and social media, especially with strong customer focus.
The position will challenge you to be creative and hands on with marketing, while creating the means to grow the marketing organisation. You report directly to the CEO and will have a large impact on the strategies and success of the company.
- Manage the leading smart button brand and take the Flic brand to the next level.
- Be in the lead for the design and marketing strategy for the Flic website, online content, web shop, and social media.
- Develop a marketing strategy that creates awareness, interest and demand in alignment with the business growth goals in cooperation with other senior leaders of Flic, and lead the marketing efforts hands-on.
- Overseeing all brand points of contact across the full marketing mix.
- Optimize ROI by managing marketing budget effectively.
- Coaching and nurturing talent within the organization, while building a world-class marketing team from the ground up.
- Ensure consistent communication for the organization internally and externally across all channels.
- Bachelor degree
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in well-rounded marketing / business development
- Leadership skills along with an eagerness to “get your hands dirty” and do the work when no one else can.
- Basic knowledge of common marketing and design tools such as Illustrator, Ad managers, web and email tools.
- Master Degree with a specialization in Marketing.
- Strategic, creative and financial acumen, as well as a strong business intellect.
- Be capable of communicating complex messages in a simple, clear, unambiguous manner
- Deep understanding of traditional and innovative marketing strategies and a proven track record of creating campaigns and initiatives
- Demonstrated people skills and entrepreneurial spirit in combination with passion and creativity
- Flic culture including adaptive, collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Flexible work options
- Opportunity to affect the processes directly
- Join us to Las Vegas every year for the biggest electronic consumer show in the world (CES)
- Endless coffee, big cookie stock and a lot of video games during breaks
- Opportunity to work in the Flic Mansion - a cozy 19th-century villa
Perks & Benefits
This is a brief summary of the perks & benefits you'll enjoy at Flic. If you want to know more - get in touch!
A culture of learning
We are committed to making you grow and look inside and outside for inspiration.
Generous compensation & employee stock options
Great work is rewarded with great compensation, in terms of salaries, occupational pension & health plans. We want your skin in the game and that you take part of our future success.
Off-sites, Happy Hours & CES
We value our time together. Join us for team lunches, Friday beer o'clock’s, quarterly off-sites and the best part: The annual trip to CES in Las Vegas where you get to experience ground shaking innovations firsthand.
Space & time for recreation
Join the daily video game tournament or retreat to our meditation corner. Feel free to run in the forest, do laps of cross country skiing or join the gym within 5 minutes of our office; cover your daily vitamin need from the fruit basket.
We believe in bizarre ideas, enjoyable projects and new ways of doing things. Being a product-driven organisation, we've applied a unique approach to creative & innovative work: Giving every employee ownership and resources to bring their thinking, strategies and ideas to advance the company’s mission.
By allowing every employee a chance to give their opinion and a possibility to pitch their ideas, we promote an open space with equal chances. Join us and experience our unique vibe in a cozy 19th-century villa hidden within the vivid KTH Campus, Stockholm.
We are always looking for people who share our belief that success and enjoyable work built from these core principles:
Original and creative thinkers, that embrace failures and learn from mistakes.
Bright, open minds that are initiative rich and ownership keen. People with the self-honesty to admit mistakes and the courage to change.
A team that debate, decide & commit, but where egos are removed once a decision is made. That display trust and humbleness towards others and their work.
Everyone's voice is heard and all information that serves the company’s best interests is communicated openly.
Our story - Timeline
From the first Flic prototype to today, follow our history
The idea behind Flic was born
Awarded with Stockholm innovation grant
Flic’s founder Joacim was joined by co-founders Amir & Pranav
First working prototype of Flic
The founders attended Highway 1 Accelerator in San Francisco
Launched Flic on Indiegogo - and broke the previous funding record for Nordic crowdfunding campaigns
Shipped the first 100k Flics
Collected a lot of prizes:
“Guld Mobilen” - Startup of the year award
Best start-up at IDD
CES Innovation Award for Flic
Launched Powered by Flic and on-boarded enterprise customers in the US and South Africa
Retail expansion in Sweden, US, UK and Germany
Launched Flic Hub on Indiegogo - and raised +$ 600 000 once again
Expanded Powered by Flic to more enterprise customers around the world
Won another CES innovation award, this time for Flic Hub
Launched a partnership with GitHub
Announced and launched Flic 2 - Raised almost 700 000 USD
Release of open platform and multi-app support
Initially launched in 2014, Flic was the world’s first smart button. Today, we face competition from both tech giants and startups. We are the leader in the space and everyday, we interact with consumers and businesses that globally use our products to get more out of their day-to-day life.